Sunday, October 10, 2010

[Rethink]


You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover is yourself. -Alan Alda

Growing up in a dominantly LDS community, you never really have to question or wonder why we do what we do. Its possible just to obey by default and never think twice about it. Well, being here at Westminster...you can't really do that. As people ask me why I don't drink, or why I go to church every Sunday...my lack of response has shaken me. My beliefs make me happy, and I know its right...but I don't know why yet.

I guess I'm heading towards "knowing for myself" and "not relying on the testimony of others." To be honest, I'm excited to begin this new investigation of my beliefs, to acquire a deeper understanding and eventually more diligent obedience. Wish me luck and post any advice please! Loves!


3 comments:

  1. Mel you're such an amazing girl! You'll figure things out, just keep up with the small things, everyday prayers, scripture reading, church... you'll get the answers you need. I feel like all of us from our little utah bubble needs an awakening like what you're going through. It forces us to grow and become independent with our testimony, just like you said. I love you girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megan! I miss you like crazy, and hope life is fantastic for you. Thanks for your thoughts! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete