Monday, September 6, 2010

[Shelby]


Its official.....the last of my auditions have ended...for now :).

This past week auditions/callbacks took place for the fall musical: The Spitfire Grill. It was a very different experience compared to high school auditions. In high school (usually) lots of people audition and only a few get called back. Here, there were a small amount of people who auditioned (my guess about 35 maybe 40) and I think there was about half the audioners got callbacks. Also, the cast size is the smallest I have ever worked with- 7 roles and 3 ensemble members. This was a very intimidating audition.

Callbacks were grueling- they went for about 3 1/2 hours. We had to sing several songs and read 5-10 scenes depending on the number of roles they were considering you for. I got called back for Percy & Shelby, so I was looking at 4 songs and 10 scenes/monologues. Long story short- I left callbacks exhausted & unsure. Everyone at the callback was really talented so I had no idea where I fit in.

So I've been waiting for an e-mail all weekend...and nothing has come. This morning I had pretty much given up...But I did receive a phone call from the stage manager- I'll be playing the role of Shelby. The show plays Thursday November 11, 2010 through Saturday, November 20, 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVzqPnxNLlQ (video of a duet I will sing in the show)

2 comments: