Wednesday, August 25, 2010

[4 Beautiful Words]


Today I had an auditions. It was for Chamber Singers.

I have a cold, and my vocal chords were swollen.

So I was nervous.

I mixed up the audition time with an audition I have next week and missed my time slot.

Luckily the girl who was running auditions gave me a call and a new time.

I ran across campus and arrived sweaty and coughing up a storm.

I was given a few minutes to rest and then was sent onstage.

I sang the piece as well as my poor chords would allow.

My auditioner came down after my piece and shook my hand and said:

"Welcome to Chamber Singers."

[Many prayers of gratitude were said on my way out. I couldn't have done it without the extra help. My testimony grows more and more every day here, out on my own.]

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! They're lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I am so sorry you aren't feeling well. I remember living on my own and being deathly ill for a week.... NOT fun! I hope you get feeling better! and good job on making chamber!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you! :)

    Naomi- Yeah being sick and on my own has not been fun, but it sure has made me appreciate, and miss, my mom a lot more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melissa! This is Granma commenting, not Linda. ha ha! Just want you to know that I surely enjoyed reading your blog. And I am so proud of you. You are beautiful, and you will acquire your own testimony in your own time. When we realize that we know that God and Jesus Christ are real, and that we can call on them when we desire their guidance it goes a long way toward our own testimony. It is a blessed miracle for each of us. Much love and best wishes, Granma B.

    ReplyDelete